Not a very big list of new stuff this week, but there is one HUGE addition to the game and that’s an end-boss! Defeating the boss doesn’t really do anything yet, so that’s something I’ll be working on for next update ( an actual ending ) and I’ll also start working on more alien-specific cards, especially for the boss battle.
Besides adding a boss to the game, there’s also a collection of new cards and effects and a few big changes in balancing the whole game, I’ve personally been enjoying this version more than the previous ones due to the balancing in card-drops and alien encounters.. so let me know what you think!
There are now just a few big things left on my to-do list, first one is making an actual ending to the boss-battle , second is adding more cards but also alien-specific cards. Still a few events I want to add, and a couple of hidden/alternate area’s for players to encounter and venture into. And finally get some daily-challenges up and running.
Of course I’ll also keep balancing and tweaking all the other stuff based on feedback and my own play-throughs!
Now go check out v0.4.0 captains! – Next week the price of the Early Access will also increase !
Full changes list:
- added: new card – Scope
- added: new card – Infection
- added: new card – Berserker
- added: new card – Freezeray
- add: new card: Invisibility
- added: new passive card – Fighter
- added: light to flames and burners (especially in dark-zone)
- added: little jingle when finding a secret area
- added: small plants now leave just a small spore area
- added: End-boss: The Blob
Fixes and tweaks:
- fixed: explosion sound triggered too often on cards that didn’t need it
- fixed: invisible aliens still show the “anger/sick/confused” twirls
- fixed: babygon now also shuts-down when near EMP
- fixed: if killed at idle entity, cards stay in view
- fixed: invisible blockades popping up after fire or explosions
- tweak: small improved mouse controls
- tweak: soften/smoother lights
- tweak: slight increase in harder opponent spawning earlier in the game
- tweak: slight increase in higher-skilled weapons dropping earlier
- tweak: balancing on drop-rates for all items