FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: AUGUST 24 / 2020
Orangepixel preparing to launch the first of a dozen games on Nintendo Switch
Dutch indie developer Orangepixel is launching Meganoid onto Switch on September 8th, the first of a slew of games coming from the veteran Indie game developer in the coming months. Including the Gunslugs, Heroes of Loot and Space Grunts series.
Den Helder, Netherlands – August 24th, 2020 — Orangepixel, a Dutch one-man outfit, has been creating a wide variety of games since 2004. Releasing them on platforms ranging from PC, to mobile, to consoles like the 3DS and PS Vita. Covering various genres and always depicted in high quality pixel-art. And now, it’s adding the Nintendo Switch to the lineup of supported platforms.
Meganoid is the first game being released on the Switch. A procedurally generated platformer in the vein of the original Spelunky. Combining roguelite gameplay with platforming action in a sci-fi setting. Every game session will throw new surprises at the player, with perma-unlockables adding an extra challenge and replay value.
Watch the Meganoid trailer here:
The Meganoid is a dreadnought spaceship saving humanity with a colonization mission, but lately it has been seeing some problems happening, with technicians turning into mind-controlled goons. And the ship is in need of a hero to go deep into the ship and find the cause of these problems. Meganoid is part of the Orangepixel Game universe, tying together all the Orangepixel games into a single story line. See the timeline here: https://www.orangepixel.net/about/.
Meganoid comes with the following features:
– Levels randomly generated on every game session, based on a set of templates, making the levels unique but instilling a sense of familiarity at the same time.
– Roguelike elements; Consumables, alternate routes, procedural generation, and many devices and gadgets add depth to the challenging gameplay.
– RPG elements; A lot of collectible items that will change the main character’s abilities to navigate the world. Find a jetpack to start flying around, find anti-gravity-boots to perform double jumps, and much more.
– Alternate paths to take. Find hidden bonus area’s to unlock, often providing you with a short-cut or very rare and powerful items to enhance your character.
– A hackable game world. Finding green key-cards allows you to modify how certain elements of the game act and respond to you. Stop rocket-launchers from working, make rockets fly less far, make destroyed robots drop extra lives.
– Unlock the build-in database with info on all the items and enemies you encounter to be better prepared on your next try.
So are you ready to be a hero…. and ..probably die a few times trying ?
Grab Meganoid on the Nintendo Switch:
(press inquiries for Switch promo codes : support – at – orangepixel.net )
Media assets: https://www.orangepixel.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/meganoid_mediaassets.zip (29mb)