Hey adventurers and new party joiners! This is a somewhat unplanned update to the demo, but I noticed there were some crashes caused by Spooky (the pink ghost) it was important to make sure those known crashes aren’t happening anymore, so here’s a “lite” update that does bring you some interesting changes.
I improved the generation of the dungeon layout, so there’s now more “splits” and dead-ends (which can be used for interesting future rooms!)
Also introduced a couple of different dungeon room sizes, and in those tight places some good bullet-heaven fights can be had (or a well placed bomb does wonders).
Finally I’ve been tinkering a bit with balancing things concerning enemy-skills, loot-drops, level-up speed, etc. So this new demo might feel a bit different!
I was planning on more features, but as mentioned, I consider this a lite-update mostly to fix some crash issues.
Full changes list:
- added: More variation/splits in dungeon generator (bigger levels)
- added: Different room sizes
- added: Shop rooms now use unique graphics
- added: bombs and keys now flash in hud when picked up
- added: tiny-room specific room designs
- added: render MAX on items in upgrade-screen at max level
- changed: Treasure rooms are now smaller
- changed: Secret rooms are now tiny
- changed: Room light depends on room-size
- changed: Renamed Tiny key to Silver key
- changed: Renamed Boss key to Gold key
- changed: Bombs and Silver keys don’t give pop-up messages anymore
- changed: Improved message overlap order/importance
- changed: Narrow rooms won’t appear in first 2 levels
- changed: rebalancing tweaks
- updated Gauntlet of Power support site with new items
- fixed: some interface text position bugs
- fixed: Various books for level-up weapons didn’t level-up all weapons
- fixed: bullets would vanish after the wizards time-bubble
- fixed: Menu navigation from preferences back to options has no selection when returning
- fixed: Spooky monster can crash the game
- fixed: key spawn in wall-pilar room can be pushed away/made ungrabable
- fixed: Treasure throws item into door-passage making in unpickupable
- fixed: secret room coverings re-appear when moving back to non-completed room