Gauntlet of Power starts you with two unlocked characters: The Elf, and the Wizard. There are a few other characters you can unlock, but for them to be available for play you need to find four Character Shards for each of them.
The Warrior shards can be found with the following events:
- Defeat the first boss encounter (level 1.3) and the Boss pedestal will hold the first character shard
- To unlock the second shard you need to find the Panic button item, and simply use it once!
- Enter a Treasure room carrying a (minimum) Level 3 Axe
- Find a secret room at level 3-2, not all dungeons have a secret room, so you need to be a bit lucky for this one to happen!
The Valkyrie shards are unlocked with the following events:
- Defeat the 3rd boss encounter and the Boss pedestal will hold the first character shard for Valkyrie
- Use the Temporal treasure item at level 3-3. The Temporal treasure is often gained early in the game, so you’ll need to hold onto it for a bit!
- Gain level 10 Experience, and then find the first dungeon holding a Treasure room, enter it to unlock the shard
- The last shard is found in a Tiny silver chest at level 5-2 or later. Not all dungeons spawn tiny chests, so this can be a tough one to find, especially since it’s later in the game!